The Statement of the Sanctity of Human Life (SOHL) is an expanded statement upon the Statement of Faith and is an essential foundation for our ministry and the services we provide. We believe:
- That God created mankind distinctly different from the animals and other facets of creation. As compared to speaking into existence, God became intimately involved personally forming mankind out of the dust and breathing His breath of life into him.
- That God created both male and female in His image and declared both genders equally as very good.
- That God has created each person as male and female, biologically determined at conception. These two are distinct yet complementary genders that both together reflect the image and nature of God.
- As described in Psalm 139, we believe that God is continually involved in the creation of each new life at conception, intricately knitting each person together in their mother’s womb.
- That our Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us even before we are formed in the womb after conception.
- That God has forbidden killing of human life and detests the shedding of innocent blood.
Genesis 1:1-27, Genesis 1:31, Exodus 20:13, Proverbs 6:17, Psalm 139:13-16, and Jeremiah 1:5